CALLING ALL GEOGRAPHERS, cartographers, general geo-nerds and activists, techies, teachers, politicians, moms, dads, students…and anyone who’s ever had an interesting thought about geography. We want to hear from YOU this Geography Awareness Week!
While this year’s theme focuses on freshwater, we’ll let you decide which specific geographic topic to write about:
· Offer an opinion on a current event or policy issue.
· Share a lesson plan or field trip idea.
· Post a favorite photo.
· Write a poem or design a work of art.
· Show how geography connects to popular culture or everyday life.
Check out last year’s blog-a-thon for ideas and examples, and email Sarah Jane to reserve a spot.
Here’s how the process will work:
1. Notify Sarah Jane of your interest by Friday, October 15, 2010.
2. Sarah Jane will work with individuals to schedule post dates and topics.
3. Write one or more blog entries related to geography, 250-1000 words in length.
4. Post them on your own blog with the GAWeek logo (we’ll give it to
you, of course) on your assigned date during Geography Awareness Week.
5. Or, if you don’t have your own blog, send assets (text, images, etc.) to us for posting on the My Wonderful World blog by Monday, November 8.
6. Each day during Geography Awareness Week, we’ll include a digest of
short excerpts from all the blog posts across the web, along with links
to the full entries.
Capeesh? Email me today and get those blogging juices flowing!