Young adventurers can activate their inner explorer this summer by visiting some of North America’s most interesting places – virtually or in real life – and learn about wildlife, Indigenous history, geological characteristics, and more with National Geographic’s Summer Adventures on the Road!
Your route to summer adventure kicks off at Yellowstone National Park where you can choose your own path to learn and explore –
- Where are We Going?
- Deep dive into fascinating facts and fun activities all about the unique geography of Yellowstone National Park.
- Indigenous Origins
- Learn about the history of Indigenous tribes of the Yellowstone region and how Native Americans actively participate in sustaining the park’s environmental integrity today.
- Mapping the Journey
- Have fun combining art and science through an exploration of maps of the area.
- Along the Way
- Enjoy games and activities perfect for a road trip – real or virtual!
- Into the Wild
- Learn about the nearly 300 species who call Yellowstone home.
- Get Outdoors
- Get outside with activities you can put to use outside your own back door or anywhere in the world.
- Tell Your Story
- Create stories that inspire a love of nature – wherever you are!
And explore through reading with a Summer Reading Book List and a new interactive reading experience featuring challenge clues, a guided activity map, and National Geographic Explorers called Book Quest. We will host 2 Book Quests this summer and the first features the book The Wild Robot by Peter Brown!