Our 2015 Grosvenor Teacher Fellows have been announced! Congratulations to all — and what a tremendous inspiration it was to see the outpouring of excitement from all of you who applied for this year’s program.
Meet the Class of 2015:
- Paola Paz Soldan, Oceanside, California
- Dawnetta Hayes, Cincinnati
- Terri Sallee, Hobbs, New Mexico
- Leslie Wiles, Kitty Hawk, North Carolina
- Rebekah Rottenberg, Hood River, Oregon
- Joan (Teri) Rutledge, Seattle
- Laura Schetter, Holland, Ohio
- Merinda Davis, Orem, Utah
- Laura Wommack, Moscow, Idaho
- Amy Austin, Superior, Colorado
- Cassandra Nodine, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Teagan Thomas, Wilmington, Delaware
- Douglas Anderson, Franklin, Tennessee
- Jason Nord, Lincoln, Nebraska
- Dave Grant, Rumson, New Jersey
- Greg Gaiera, Bayside, California
- Chris Flaherty, Duxbury, Massachusetts
- Alexander Kmicikewycz, Chicago
- Shannon Bomben, Belle River, Ontario
- Carissa Martus, Aloha, Oregon
- Xochitl Garcia, Astoria, New York
- Angie Miller, Plymouth, New Hampshire
- Tema Encarnacion, Arnold, Maryland
- Lily Wehtje, Homestead, Florida
- Janet Shedd, Lexington, Kentucky
- Valerie Raymond, Kuujjuaq, Quebec
- Janet Ruest, Cobble Hill, British Columbia
- Nicole Means, Saint Francisville, Louisiana
- Michael Presser, Riverside, California
- Jesse Lowes, Portland, Oregon
- Rebecca Detrich, Occidental, California
- Shasta Bray, Cleves, Ohio
- Ellie Clin, Toronto, Ontario
- Beth Thomas, Great Falls, Montana
- Kathy Eldridge, Muscle Shoals, Alabama
These 35 educators have been chosen based on their innovative approaches to teaching (read their bios to see what we mean), but most importantly their commitment to geographic education.
The 2015 Fellows will embark on Lindblad Expeditions voyages aboard the National Geographic Explorer and the National Geographic Endeavour for a one-of-a-kind field experience to bring back to their classrooms and communities.
Follow their upcoming adventures here on this blog, and check out some of our guest posts from last year.
Join us as we congratulate these outstanding educators and check to see if they’re inspiring young minds near you.
2 thoughts on “Meet the Class of 2015!”
Thank you for the information, regarding meet the class of 2015
Congratulations to all the Fellows. I look forward to hearing about your adventures and how you bring them to your students.