Help select a winner from the final six nominees in the P&G and National Geographic Future Friendly Contest!
The time to vote is NOW–before March 16. The top six entries are accessible online at www.nationalgeographic.com/findyourfootprint. The public (that’s you!) is encouraged to watch the project videos and vote for the class they consider to have the most creative conservation idea.
The classroom entry that receives the highest number of public votes will be the grand-prize winner and will be awarded prizes valued at $36,000, including five state-of-the-art Promethean ActivBoards (interactive whiteboards), a National Geographic Library valued at $1,000, and 30 subscriptions to National Geographic Kids magazine.
Keep reading to learn more about the six finalists!
- Waste-Free Fridays, Gill Elementary, Farmington Hills, MI, 4th grade. Click here for video
- Helping the World and Saving Our Future, Walker Elementary, Springdale, AR, 2nd grade. Click here for video
- Saving Water 101, P.S. 8: The Robert Fulton School, Brooklyn, NY, 3rd-5th grades. Click here for video
- Let’s Be Green When It’s Time to Clean, Dryden Elementary, Arlington Heights, IL, 5th grade. Click here for video
- Canceling Catalogs: A Documentary, The Park School, Brookline, MA, 4th grade. Click here for video
- Plastic Waste Reduction to Save Our Oceans!, Rutledge Hall, Lincolnwood, IL, 5th grade. Click here for video