Here it is: Our quasi-definitive list of the “Top 10 Ways to Celebrate Geography Awareness Week.”
1. I am here: Update your social network status with your latitude and longitude on TUESDAY, November 17th. Tell your friends to do the same!
2. I ♥ maps: Blab about maps in the official Geography Awareness Week Blog-a-thon.
5. Round 2: Play National Geographic’s Expedition 2 game: You’ll need a map.
6. Join the cause: Sign up for the My Wonderful World geography education campaign and tell a friend.
7. Go virtual: Navigate the globe from home with Google Earth geo-tours.
8. Post it: Create a bulletin board for displaying news articles from around the world.
9. Find a GeoMentor:
Teachers: Sign up to work with a geographer through the GeoMentor program.
Professionals: Sign up to become a GeoMentor and lend your skills to students.
Parents: Invite a GeoMentor to work with your child’s after-school activity group.
Kids: Ask your parents and teachers to help you connect with a GeoMentor.
10. Paris, Je T’Aime: Rent a foreign film and cook theme cuisine with your family.
Remember: We said this was quasi-definitive. Post your faves here!