“Despite daily news coverage of Iraq, six in ten young adults ages 18 to 24 can’t find that country on a map. Seventy-five percent of them can’t find Indonesia, major site of damage from the 2004 tsunami. National Geographic, along with partners including 4-H, the Asia Society, and the National PTA, hope to improve geographic literacy with My Wonderful World—a five-year call to action for children, parents, and schools.
“November 12-18 is Geography Awareness Week: Go to My Wonderful World now to test your global IQ and discover ways to bring geography into the home and classroom. You might just learn that Nauru is an island nation in the western Pacific, and the world’s smallest independent republic.”
- Learn more about the My Wonderful World campaign to increase geographic literacy.
- Join the campaign!
- Get your Action Kit (for parents, educators, and kids and teens).
- Test your Global IQ.
- Tell your lawmakers that you support geography education.
- Print a free world wall map.
- Download desktop wallpapers.
- And much more!