Studying geography brings similarities among people into light. For one, everyone has to eat. People around the world have developed unique tastes for food based on what their native environment provides.
A great way to explore geography this summer is to try out a new global recipe.
To find global recipes, check out these sites:
- Try an African recipe and celebrate Africa with National Geographic’s Geography Action! Program
- Explore Asian recipes from Japan to Turkmenistan
- Taste Native American dishes from the coast of California to the Great Lakes
- Search through a diverse set of world recipes from Russia to Brazil
- Try advice from Better Homes and Gardens’ Top Ten Global Recipes
One thought on “A Recipe for Discovery”
Ham Radio is a recipe for Geography. Start with a license, add a radio, and a good antenna. Then stir the dial untill you find someone to talk to. You will always be surprised who you will be talking to. Someone of another race or creed, who is glad to be your friend. Here, you can always cook up something new.